Everyone can benefit from sleeping on a silk pillowcase. This article outlines twenty-five benefits to sleeping on silk.
At Mulberry Park Silks, we think sleeping on silk is one of the best things anyone can do for health, beauty, and wellness. That’s why we’ve devoted ourselves to producing the finest quality silk in the market and offering it at fair and affordable prices. We want you to look and feel absolutely amazing.
So settle in for 25 reasons why you should be sleeping on a silk pillowcase from Mulberry Park Silks
1. Silk is made of protein(just like your hair and skin!) Silk has a similar structure to your hair and skin, which makes it an ideal environment on which to rest your head.
2. Keeps your hair moisturized. Your regular pillowcase can absorb moisture from your hair. Silk is different! Silk fibers contain a special protein known as sericin which coats and protects hair. Sericin can even be found in many high-end salon moisturizing hair products.
3. Prevents tangles and bed head. Your hair glides across the smooth charmeuse surface of silk without tugging and tangling. Waking with better hair = a win!
4. Silk tames frizz especially on curly hair. Curly hair has a different follicle structure which makes it more prone to dryness and damage. A silk pillowcase is both moisturizing and gentle, which prevents frizzy hair, hair breakage, and split ends.
5. Preserves your style. A salon blow-out is a pricey investment. Sleeping on silk -- with low friction and high moisture -- keeps your hair looking smooth and sleek.
6. Encourages growth (and regrowth). The gentle, nourishing environment of silk moisturizes and protects even the most delicate hair. Silk is wonderful for fine hair, thin hair, and hair that is regrowing after postpartum or chemo-related hair loss.
7.Conditions and protects color-treated hair. Dyeing hair can dry it out. Sleeping a silk pillowcase helps restore moisture to chemically processed hair.
8. Undoes damage from summer sun and surf. We love a great beach day, but summer can be seriously hard on hair, making it dry, brittle and hard to manage. Adding a silk pillowcase to your summer beauty routine is a great idea for minimizing damage from fun in the sun.
9. Keeps skin hydrated. Unlike cotton, which pulls moisture away from delicate facial skin, silk is a protein-based fabric that keeps skin naturally hydrated.
10. Prevents sleep wrinkles . Your face glides across the surface of a silk charmeuse pillowcase, with no pulling, tugging, and sleep creases (that eventually lead to fine lines). Wake up looking your absolute best with a silk pillowcase.
11. Hypoallergenic. Pure silk is hypoallergenic, as it is made from the protective, pure fiber of the silkworm cocoon.
12. Resists mold and dust mites. Silk is antibacterial and antifungal (once again, thanks to the pristine nature of a cocoon).
13. Dermatologists recommend silk pillowcases for anyone with sensitive skin, including acne and eczema. Silk is gentle, clean, and non-irritating to skin.
14. Comfortable in any temperature. Silk is thermoregulating, keeping you cool in the summer and warmer in the winter. A silk pillowcase is great for anyone who “sleeps hot.”
15. Moisture wicking. Unlike cotton pillowcases, which absorb and hold moisture, silk wicks it away for maximum comfort.
16. Gentle on eyelash extensions and hair extensions. Silk won’t pull or tug at eyelash or hair extensions, which protects your beauty investment.
17. Gentler on hair and skin than cotton . The smooth surface of silk provides a nearly friction-free environment. Even the finest cotton contains tiny fibers that can pull on hair and skin.
18. Silk pillowcases are versatile. A silk pillowcase adds a luxurious look and feel to any style bedding no matter the season. And while we’d love you to sleep in a full set of our silk bedding, our range of silk pillowcase colors will complement any décor.
19. Our silk is safe. Along with being hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and antibacterial, our silk pillowcases are certified STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®. This means the material has been independently tested for harmful substances according to strict scientific criteria that go beyond legal regulations.
20. Silk is a natural fiber, never duplicated by satin, which is an artificial fabric made from petroleum with none of the benefits of genuine silk.
21. Our silk pillowcases are of the highest grade and quality silk. We use only 100 percent pure mulberry silk of Grade 6A in all of our pillowcases.
23. Washable! Yes, you read that right. Silk pillowcases are easy to care for; they can be washed by hand or even in your machine (just zip them into a mesh laundry bag and use enzyme-free detergent). They air dry quickly, no need for the dryer.
24. Luxury. Silk is the most prized and luxurious fabric on Earth (and has been for thousands of years!). Who couldn’t use a little more luxury?
25. YOU DESERVE IT! Hair…skin…beauty…comfort…and a great night’s sleep in complete luxury! Treat yourself to a silk pillowcase from Mulberry Park Silks today.
Still wondering? We’ll send you a complementary silk swatch to check out at home before you purchase! Our team is also available to answer questions and make personal recommendations. Reach out via phone at (800) 860-1924 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mulberry Park Silks: Accessible and Affordable Luxury
At Mulberry Park Silks, we design and sell the highest quality silk items in the market at fair and affordable prices. We offer a full range of silk products made from 100% pure Grade 6A mulberry silk fabric. All the silk fabric used for our sheets, pillowcases, and accessories has been independently tested and certified STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® as safe from harmful substances. Please connect with us by visiting our store or call us at (800) 860-1924 to learn more about our silk sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers and shams, and accessories, including sleep masks, eye pillows, travel pillows, and hair scrunchies.