This article offers tips and ideas for styling the unique silk pillowcases in the Gallery Collection from Mulberry Park Silks.
Inside this Article:
- Show Off Your Silk Pillowcases
- Layer Pleasing Pops of Color
- Pick Up the Floral and Feather Theme
- Complement the Colors with a Luxury Throw Blanket
- Set Up a “Serenity Station” on Your Nightstand
- Commit to Proper Cleaning and Care
- The Best Silk Pillowcase You Can Buy
- Mulberry Park Silks: Accessible and Affordable Luxury
Here at Mulberry Park Silks , we think every silk pillowcase we make is a work of art. And, of course, our clients value the many beauty, health, and wellness benefits of sleeping on silk (say goodbye to bedhead, tangles, split ends, and sleep creases!) But late last year, we produced something truly special: The Gallery Collection , a limited-edition series of silk pillowcases featuring the art of Elyssa Helfman, a renowned nature and wildlife painter.
This unique collaboration features three stunning designs, all done in 22 momme silk, printed on both sides, with a hidden zipper closure:
- Peacock Feather : Majestic and mysterious peacock features in of bold blue and green
- Tropical Palms : Soothing fronds of palm trees done with depth, color, and dimension.
- Pink Orchids : A tranquil spray of orchids done in delicate shades of rose and pink
With the overwhelming response we’ve received to the Gallery Collection, our design team is here to offer some style tips to showcase the unique beauty of this capsule collection.
1. Show Off Your Silk Pillowcases
Like any piece of artwork, the Gallery Collection pillowcases are made to be seen. We love the idea of these pillowcases taking pride of place on your bed, making a style statement all their own. You can go all-in on luxury by pairing your Gallery Collection pillowcases with a set of our 22 momme silk sheets in Ivory (all Gallery Collection pillowcases are printed on a background of our stunning Ivory silk).
2. Layer Pleasing Pops of Color
What’s even better than a silk pillowcase? Two—or more!—silk pillowcases. When we introduced our Gallery Collection, we also added four new silk pillowcase colors that are perfect for complementing and layering. So stack up those pillows in all the shades:
- 22 momme silk pillowcase in Daffodil and 30 momme silk pillowcase in Aqua echo the subtle yellow and blue tones in the Tropical Palms design.
- 22 momme silk pillowcase in Sapphire and 30 momme silk pillowcase in Aqua that enhance the drama and vivid color of the Peacock Feather style.
- 30 momme silk pillowcase in Rosewood to extend the soft tones and soothing vibe of the Pink Orchids pillowcase.
3. Pick Up the Floral and Feather Theme
There’s no better way to brighten up your bedroom than with an arrangement of real or artificial plants and flowers. Best of all, you’re limited only by your imagination! As it turns out, orchids can be quite easy to take care of (and watering them with ice cubes really is a thing that allows them to thrive). We’ve found some easy-care varieties at Trader Joe’s and Home Depot that pair beautifully with our pillowcases. The same goes for palm plants, which are widely available for both tabletop and floor. If you’re really worried about not having a green thumb, check out these artificial orchids and palm plants from Wayfair. Last but definitely not least, a bouquet of peacock feathers in a vase—or feathers incorporated with dried flowers—makes a dramatic visual accent; in some circles, peacock feathers are also believed to clear negative energy .
4. Complement the Colors with a Luxury Throw Blanket
There’s no reason the top of your bed needs to get all the attention. You can pick up the stunning shades of your silk pillowcases and add depth, texture, and visual interest with a luxurious throw blanket or bed end. Some recommendations: